Posted: Jul 16, 2012 1:00 PM by Angela Douglas
Updated: Jul 16, 2012 1:00 PM
Noon news on KRTV for Monday, July 16, 2012.
Click the image to watch the video.
- Double Drowning: A father and son drowned near Valier on Sunday. According to Ed Erickson from the Pondera County Coroner's office, Zackary and Arnold Waldner were fishing in an irrigation canal on the Birch Creek Colony. Zachary, 6, fell into the canal and his father jumped in to try and save his son. The accident occurred at approximately 8 pm on Sunday.
- Fire Victim: The Missoula County Sheriff's Office has identified Steve Steadele as the man who was killed in the house fire on Butler Creek Road on Saturday night. Steadele and his wife were at home barbecuing just before the fire. They both fell asleep on the couch and woke to a flash and the fire started immediately after. The two were able to get out of the house, but Steadele went back inside for an unknown reason and didn't come back out. Authorities are continuing their investigation into the incident.
- Fatal Collision: A 39-year-old Missoula man died just before 7 p.m. on Saturday after his motorcycle crashed into a big horn sheep. The Montana Highway Patrol says that the man was eastbound on Highway 200 near Plains when the sheep jumped the guardrail and ran into the road. The man struck the sheep and was thrown from his bike into oncoming traffic. A vehicle in the other lane struck the motorcyclist and MHP said the man was pronounced dead on the scene.
- Post-Fire Help: A few weeks ago we introduced you to a Helena Valley family who felt that a miracle occurred when they didn't loose their home in the Corral Fire. Now, the family feels doubly-blessed as they begin to tackle the clean up - with help from friends, volunteers, and even strangers.
- Pay Data: The salaries of state employees in Montana have been made public, after a lawsuit was filed by the Montana Policy Institute.